Top Red Bar
Home > Departments
NRC E-Link

Neighborhood Resource Center

Demolition and Abatement



Demolitions Requirements:Demolition of Burned Building
Demolition permits require a 30-day waiting period from the date the application is received by our office to the date that the permit is able to be issued. Within the 30-days, you must contact the utility companies (Board of Public Utilities(BPU), Kansas Gas Service, AT&T, Sunflower Cable, and Time Warner Cable) to have the utilities removed and a disconnect notice sent to our department.

  1. Submit a complete Demolition Permit Application.
  2. Permitted & Inspected through Building Inspection Division 913-573-8620.
  3. Contact the utility companies to request that the utilities be removed for demolition. 

Utility Contacts:  

Atmos Energy 1-888-286-6700 (888-Atmos00)
BPU (Electric/Water) 913-573-9000
KGS (Gas) 1-800-794-4780
Sunflower Cable 800-869-1214
Time Warner Cable 816-222-5773

The residential demolition permit fee is $100.00, made payable to the Unified Government.  After our office has received written confirmation from BPU and KGS that the services have been removed and the end of the 30-day waiting period has arrived you must contact our Department to request that the permit be issued.

The division provides the following demolition services:


Fire Damaged Home

  • Unified Government Demolition Projects
  • Commercial and Residential
  • ROW projects
  • Inspections
  • Administers the Fire/Storm Insurance Proceeds Ordinance
  • Demolition Contract Procurement Administration
Line Divider Gray
UG Logo gif  
NRC Offices  Hours  Erin Downing  Phone Numbers 
Demolition and Abatement  8:00 am to 5:00 pm    Program Coordinator  P: (913) 573-8647 
4953 State Avenue  Monday - Friday  F: (913) 573-8731 
Kansas City, KS           

Background Piece Background Piece