Top Red Bar
Home > Departments > Appraiser


Who Do I Contact? 

telephoneWho do I call for questions regarding values or the valuation of residential or commercial real and/or personal property?
Call: Appraiser's Office, (913) 573-8400
How is my property zoned?Call: Planning and Land Use, (913) 573-5750

Are there any liens, such as the right to take and hold or sell the property of a debtor as security or payment for a debt, against the property?Call: Register of Deeds, (913) 573-2841 or Clerk of the District Court, 573-2901

How do I file a deed?Call: Register of Deeds, (913) 573-2841 or Clerk's Office, (913) 573-2874

Can I get a copy of a deed?
Call: Register of Deeds, (913) 573-2841

I did not receive my tax statement. What do I do?
Call: Treasurer's Office, (913) 573-2823

Can I request taxes from previous years?Call: Treasurer's Office, (913) 573-2823.
If the tax information that you request is from 1989 or before, please call the Clerk's Office at (913) 573-2874.

What is a tax impact notice?
Call: Treasurer's Office, (913) 573-2823

How much are my taxes?
Call: Treasurer's Office, (913) 573-2823 for questions relating to real estate, commercial, personal property and vehicle taxes.

Where can I find information about my Delinquent Taxes?
Call: Treasurer's Office, (913) 573-2823 for Delinquent Real Estate Taxes and (913) 573-2817 for Delinquent Personal Property Taxes.

What do I do if my mortgage company hasn't notified me of my taxes?
Call: Treasurer's Office, (913) 573-2823

I need to change the mortgage company name on my file.
Call: Treasurer's Office, (913) 573-2823

Can I protest my taxes or value by just writing "protest or paid under protest" on my check?
No. The law requires a special form to be filed at the time taxes are paid. This form contains instructions on how to file a valid protest.

How do I get a Payment Under Protest form?Call: (913) 573-2823

How do I find out about scheduling of Payment Under Protest for Personal Property and for Real Estate?Call: (913) 287-2641

Once the Appraiser's Office receives a valid protest form, a hearing will be scheduled and the property owner will be notified by mail of the date and time of the hearing. If a protest form is not valid, no hearing can be rescheduled.  If you have any questions call: (913) 573-8400

Can you give me information about lot size and acreage for appraisal tax purposes?
Call: Appraiser's Office, (913) 573-8400

Can I get a map of property?

Call: Mapping, (913) 573-2942

I need an address change for my real estate property.
Call: Clerk's Office, (913) 573-2876

Can I get my property surveyed?
Call a Registered Land Surveyor.

Where do I get a building permit?
Call: Building Inspection Division, (913) 573-5620

I have questions about the Mill Levy and Special Assessments.Call: Clerk's Office, (913) 573-2874

Who do I contact to change the mailing and/or billing address for real estate?Call: Clerk's Office: (913) 573-2874

Can I request information about the Homestead Act?
Call: Clerk's Office, (913) 573-2874

I have questions regarding Delinquent Properties of three or more years, Seal Bids and K.S.A. 79-2811.
Call: (913) 573-8125

How do I put property in a tax sale?
Call: (913) 573-8125

How do I find out about purchasing delinquent properties?Call: (913) 573-8125

Who do I contact for Personal Property questions regarding boats, mopeds, non-highway vehicles, mobile homes, or trucks that are registered over 12M and trailers?
Call: Personal Property Division, (913) 573-8400

Who do I call for Commercial Personal Property questions concerning the personal property for business, and trucks and trailers?Call: Commercial Personal Property, (913) 573-8400

Background Piece Background Piece