Top Red Bar
Home > Departments > Treasury


Titling a Used Vehicle 


Application for title must originate in the office of the local County Treasurer’s Office in which the vehicle is housed. Military or full-time college students may register at their legal residence or their stationed address.

Vehicles must be registered within 60 days from the date of purchase.  Penalties accrue after 60 days. Please provide the following information:

  • Properly assigned Statement of Origin (Notarization required in Az., Ky., La., Mt., N.C., Oh., Ok., Pa., or Wy.)
  • Kansas sales tax receipt when purchased from a Kansas dealer
  • Invoice when purchased from an out of state dealer
  • Kansas liability proof of insurance
  • Motor Vehicle Examination (MVE-1) on any out of state title. Located at the Tourist Center I-70 Westbound just before the 78th St. Exit.  The Highway Patrol requires the vehicle, title and supporting paperwork, driver's license and $20 inspection fee. For salvage and prior salvage inspections the fee will be $15.
  • Transfer On Death (TOD) party’s name and address if desired on title
  • Lien release if lien shows on seller’s title (Notarization may be required)

Important Note: A $5.00 fee for all walk-in renewals are applied for both offices.

 Line Divider Gray

 UG Logo gif   
Treasury Office Hours Debbie Pack Phone Numbers
WyCo Courthouse 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Director, Revenue/Treasury P: (913) 573-2821
710 N 7th Street Monday - Friday Email F: (913) 573-2809
Suite 240 Cut Off 2:00 pm - M, F Office Email P: (913) 573-2823
Kansas City, KS Cut Off 3:30 pm T, W, Th  

Background Piece Background Piece