Top Red Bar
Home > Departments > Treasury


Renewing Your License Plates

Important Note: An additional $5.00 fee will be charged for all renewals processed as walk-ins to either Treasury Office. To avoid this fee, renew by mail to 710 N. 7th Street, Suite 240, KCKS 66101 or online at

What do you need to get your renewal for your license plate?  This is for a truck weighing less than 12,000 pounds, a car, motorcycle, or motorized bicycle. You will need all of the following information:

  • Renewal Form
  • Proof of Kansas Insurance
  • Payment
  • Previous year’s registation, current renewal notice, or license plate number

Owners must register the vehicle in the local County Treasurer’s Office in which the vehicle is housed. (Military and full-time college students may register at either their legal residence or where they are stationed.) Vehicles registered in another state must re-register the vehicle.

Special plates may require an additional form. Such as; disabled plate require a recertification form every three years, Educational Institute plate and Children’s Trust plate require the paid receipt letter from the institution every year, and National Guard plates require their National Guide ID when renewing.

On-line Renewals:


 Line Divider Gray

 UG Logo gif   
Treasury Office Hours Debbie Pack Phone Numbers
WyCo Courthouse 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Director, Revenue/Treasury P: (913) 573-2821
710 N 7th Street Monday - Friday Email F: (913) 573-2890
Suite 240 Cut Off 2:00 pm - M, F Office Email P: (913) 573-2823
Kansas City, KS Cut Off 3:30 pm T, W, Th  

Background Piece Background Piece